"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."

A Quote by Edith Wharton, 1862-1937

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 9

Looking at the videos was fun. I found a couple I would like to use for 5th Grade Social Studies. The first one is titled, "School House Rocks: No More Kings" which describes the colonist's dissatisfaction with King George III's tyranny. Then, immediately after, I would like to show the kids, "School House Rocks: The Shot Heard Round the World". I remember this group of videos when I was a kid. The music and witty humor helps kids relate to, usually, boring concepts. It would be interesting to show them as an Anticipatory Set and then again when knowledge is gained through other means, to see if the kids noticed a difference in their understanding of the videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment