"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."

A Quote by Edith Wharton, 1862-1937

Friday, April 9, 2010

Thing 14

Wow, using the Bookmarking Website, Delicious is the high-point of the whole Workshop! I plan to use this as a tool for curriculum planning. It is so great to be able to put down notes that contain the GLCES and tag each into organized categories, such as, "interactive" or "primarysource". I absolutely love it! When our school gets Smartboards, and I stress "When" because I know it's just a matter of time, I can make a whole "Smartboard" category too. I can't wait.

To see what I have done with the Websites for my Revolutionary War Unit click on the "people" tab at the top of the page and then click on "add a User to network" put in rhondasingh70.

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued. What is your classroom web address? Nice photostream by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment on the photostream.

    Regarding the classroom Website, we don't have one. I didn't make it clear. "To see what I have done with the Websites for my Revolutionary War Unit" meant to go to Delicious.com and look at my "Favorites". I put the GLCES in the "Notes" box for Websites I am using for my lesson plans. It makes it easier for me to use them as a reference. It would be advantageous if we could put in the GLCE's code as a Tag and pull up Websites that way. I didn't do that yet. That would require all Michigan teachers to use GlCE codes for the Tags on Delicious. I realize those type of Tags would only bring up Michigan, since all states have their own set of codes.

    ReplyDelete