"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."

A Quote by Edith Wharton, 1862-1937

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thing 17


While investigating Online Productivity tools, I found Library Things to be right up my alley. On a personal level, it is a Website that allows you to catalog all the books you have read or wish to read. Also, it offers ratings and reviews for books by other users of the Site. In a way, it is like Delicious because you can use Tags to mark your favorite selections of books and your favorites are on a counter display showing how many people liked that book too. On a professional level, this may be great if you are a Reading teacher like me, and want to keep track of all the books you have already used. You can select "Style B" on the "Your Books" tab- this has a comment box for Literature-circle details. Also, I noticed, in the review area, that teachers would use "classroom" as a heading and write about lessons they used with the book. I would like to do that too.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great tool. I think I will check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all time favorite books. You have excellent taste! :)

    I agree with Rochelle. I need to check out this tool.

    ReplyDelete