"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."

A Quote by Edith Wharton, 1862-1937

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thing 18

Slideshare can be an important tool for the classroom. I decided to look for something that would help me with my lesson planning for Fictional Genres. One slideshow on Genres looked pretty good, but it included more genres than I wanted to focus on at this time. In the end, I decided to make my own instead and show it to the class using a projector. Here is that lesson on powerpoint:

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda,
    Great use of technology. The actual book covers are excellent visuals for the students to connect the genres. I wonder what book covers the students might identify if they made a similar genre slideshow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an excellent idea. Allowing the students to make the PowerPoint would be a great authentic assessment. The students would want to find out which books fall in which genre by researching book Websites or by identifying books they have already read using genre structure, elements, style and purpose. I am going to use that idea the next time I teach literary genres. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete